GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chafer Grubs ......Insecticides ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/16953-chafer-grubs-insecticides.html)

bnd777 20-04-2003 12:20 PM

Chafer Grubs ......Insecticides ?

What insecticides can I use to kill Chafer Grubs in my lawn please

Peter UK 20-04-2003 09:32 PM

Chafer Grubs ......Insecticides ?

"bnd777" wrote in message ...
What insecticides can I use to kill Chafer Grubs in my lawn please

Chemical control of mature Cock Chafer grubs in turf is not easy;
young larvae may be eradicated by the proper use of the chemical
pirimiphos-methyl.
Adult Chafer can be controlled by the use of a pathogenic nematode
'Steinernema carpocarpsae'. These are watered into the turf in late
summer. They release a bacteria into the body of the grubs which
eventually kills them.

Peter.

bnd777 20-04-2003 11:23 PM

Chafer Grubs ......Insecticides ?

How would I tell an Adult chafer from the larvae
None of the websites I have seen tell me
What i dug out from under a paving slab next to my lawn was 1.5 inches long
and thickness of a pencil and wriggling well

"Peter UK" wrote in message
om...

pied piper 22-04-2003 04:56 PM

Chafer Grubs ......Insecticides ?

"bnd777" wrote in message
How would I tell an Adult chafer from the larvae
None of the websites I have seen tell me
What i dug out from under a paving slab next to my lawn was 1.5 inches

long
and thickness of a pencil and wriggling well

"Peter UK" wrote in message
om...
"bnd777" wrote in message

What insecticides can I use to kill Chafer Grubs in my lawn please

Chemical control of mature Cock Chafer grubs in turf is not easy;
young larvae may be eradicated by the proper use of the chemical
pirimiphos-methyl.
Adult Chafer can be controlled by the use of a pathogenic nematode
'Steinernema carpocarpsae'. These are watered into the turf in late
summer. They release a bacteria into the body of the grubs which
eventually kills them.

Peter.

u need gammacol kills chafer as well as leatherjacketts