Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guerrilla Gardening

Brilliant initiative:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

They take donations of seeds, old equipment etc - go to links and enquires

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , JennyC
says...
Brilliant initiative:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

They take donations of seeds, old equipment etc - go to links and enquires

Excellent idea. There is a similar organisation here in
France that goes around repairing ancient broken clocks etc
in buildings. Apparently it is the only way to repair them
because of all the bureaucrats who get in the way of doing
anything here. The guerrillas pick locks and sneak into
public buildings overnight and repair things!
--
David in Normandy
Old 01-01-2008, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 1, 4:00*pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 16:03:15 +0100, David in Normandy

wrote:
In article , JennyC
says...
Brilliant initiative:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

They take donations of seeds, old equipment etc - go to links and enquires

Excellent idea. There is a similar organisation here in
France that goes around repairing ancient broken clocks etc
in buildings. Apparently it is the only way to repair them
because of all the bureaucrats who get in the way of doing
anything here. The guerrillas pick locks and sneak into
public buildings overnight and repair things!

In Rotterdam they chew the arms off women
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I have got my arms tighly against my sides :-)
Old 02-01-2008, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Jan, 13:18, "JennyC" wrote:
Brilliant initiative:
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

They take donations of seeds, old equipment etc - go to links and enquires

Hiya Jenny! Fancy you spotting this now and I'm not surprised ;o) I'm
doing some research for a new show at urbis in Manchester about
community gardening and the guerrilla events that's been happening for
a few years now. A friend has been really active for some time,
planting in the dead of night on round abouts. I think it's fab. Here
she is on the first link. And the second link is a video of a garden
we've made several years ago in Hulme, where I used to live. As you
can see, nothing is impossible. I've created a map last year of the
area with more ideas for permaculture projects - you can see in on my
website, contacts, look into my cv at the bottom of my paragraph.
Enjoy!

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regio...03/336281.html
http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/...aba3 89528922
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 1, 10:52*pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 08:25:25 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
In article , JennyC
says...
Brilliant initiative:

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

They take donations of seeds, old equipment etc - go to links and enquires

Excellent idea. There is a similar organisation here in
France that goes around repairing ancient broken clocks etc
in buildings. Apparently it is the only way to repair them
because of all the bureaucrats who get in the way of doing
anything here. The guerrillas pick locks and sneak into
public buildings overnight and repair things!

In Rotterdam they chew the arms off women
--

I have got my arms tighly against my sides :-)

Me Tarzan, you Jane?

Nah, me Judith lol

You didn't spend every day making eye contact with the gorilla.
It came as a surprise to her that the gorilla could jump over a 7 metre ditch,
but not to Berlin Zoo which sold it to the Rotterdam zoo.

My arms are still firmly by my side, I am typing with my toes :-)

Old 02-01-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 2, 2:04 pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:40:45 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
I have got my arms tighly against my sides :-)

Me Tarzan, you Jane?

Nah, me Judith lol

You didn't spend every day making eye contact with the gorilla.
It came as a surprise to her that the gorilla could jump over a 7 metre ditch,
but not to Berlin Zoo which sold it to the Rotterdam zoo.

My arms are still firmly by my side, I am typing with my toes :-)

Prehensile toes? There's posh.

God makes work for idle toes.
--

Martin