Old 14-01-2008, 01:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Finally got our mole

"Mark" wrote in message

wrote in message
Hi
We have had a mole for years. The problem was when it began going
under the lawn. I bought lawn edging to try to stop it but it
burrowed under that. I tried garlic, no good. I tried putting a
buzzing alarm in its burrow that didn't work. I bought a humane mole
trap and it burrowed at the side of it. Finally my husband dealt with
the mole and I asked no questions as to what he did, but it's gone.

Found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solar-Powered-...QQcmdZViewItem

or search on item: 270200806303

It is a mole repellent and the blurb suggests using it to drive moles into
traps. I've no idea if it is any good.

mark

In a lighter vein theres only one way to get rid of a mole............
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1ljrGT-weS4
I did enjoy that I saw Carrott live in Stoke brilliant. Moley is not overly
keen on flooding so a hose stuffed in the may temporarily cause him to
vacate the des res.but a a trap is the only sure way. My pal has a farm on
the moss and never sees a mole yet one has taken up residence since
christmas due we assume to a humane trap somewhere.
Derek