GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   still in flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/170918-still-flower.html)

alanp 07-02-2008 07:57 PM

still in flower

This may be hard to believe but my stocks I put in last year are still in
flower?
alan

shazzbat 07-02-2008 08:08 PM

still in flower

"alanp" wrote in message
This may be hard to believe but my stocks I put in last year are still in
flower?
alan

So are ours. They're in a pretty sheltered position and we're near the south
coast so it's been favourable for them, only a few hard frosts. I've been
waiting for them to finish so I could pull them up, I think they must know.

Steve

Pete C[_2_] 07-02-2008 08:26 PM

still in flower

shazzbat wrote:
"alanp" wrote in message
This may be hard to believe but my stocks I put in last year are
still in flower?
alan

So are ours. They're in a pretty sheltered position and we're near
the south coast so it's been favourable for them, only a few hard
frosts. I've been waiting for them to finish so I could pull them up,
I think they must know.
Steve

I have a rose that is still flowering............weird world! :)
--
Pete C
London UK

Jeff Layman 08-02-2008 11:31 AM

still in flower

Pete C wrote:
shazzbat wrote:
"alanp" wrote in message
This may be hard to believe but my stocks I put in last year are
still in flower?
alan

So are ours. They're in a pretty sheltered position and we're near
the south coast so it's been favourable for them, only a few hard
frosts. I've been waiting for them to finish so I could pull them up,
I think they must know.
Steve

I have a rose that is still flowering............weird world! :)

There are now many "half-hardy" plants that survive our warmer winters. I
always think it quite novel to see snowdrops and daffs pushing up through
and flowering with fibrous begonias, lobelias, and gazanias.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)