GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A New Lease of Life (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/171020-new-lease-life.html)

danny22 11-02-2008 09:26 AM

A New Lease of Life

Success! I had despaired that my two close-to-death Jasmines were done for, but this morning, i have noticed several new shoots from existing stems, and on the poorest looking one, new shoots are coming up from the compost (they are potted indoors, so im hoping these couldn't be weeds!)

However, on the new shoots from existing stems, they all end in little buds of flowers waiting to open. Should I leave these as they are, or should I cut them off so they have a chance at growing foliage instead? Not quite sure which would be for the best! So if anyone has a clue what to do, please let me know!

Many thanks!

Danny

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 12-02-2008 08:29 AM

A New Lease of Life

In article ,
says...

--
danny22

Do you happen to know which jasmine this is? its latin name might be
usefull in telling whether all this is normal behaviour or the plant is
some way unhappy, in the mean time leave it alone!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

danny22 12-02-2008 06:26 PM

its jasmine polyanthum. was pretty much dead when i first got them but im hopeful that the new shoots mean it is pulling through :)