Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yellow Argyranthemum cuttings reverting to white

Last year took some cuttings of a yellow Argyranthemum, (Jamaica
Sunrise), but when they flowered they were all white. I think that
Argyranthemums are Margeurites which are naturally white. Do the
nurserymen add someting to the feed or otherwise treat the original
white form of the plant?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9 Mar, 16:27, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article 3e9db03e-5952-4caa-bc3b-
,
says... Last year took some cuttings of a yellow Argyranthemum, (Jamaica
Sunrise), but when they flowered they were all white. I think that
Argyranthemums are Margeurites which are naturally white. Do the
nurserymen add someting to the feed or otherwise treat the original
white form of the plant?

Not all margeurites are white some are yellow, and as far as I am aware
nobody does anything to them to change their colour although treating
with growth retadants can sometimes happen.
When did these white flowers occur? as the flowers in winter on pink and
yellow varieties can appear white but the same plants will have the
correct flower colour later in the warmer part of the year.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

The first flowers were white, (springtime) and, as I did not want
white flowwers, I dumped them and brought fresh stock. I have taken
some cuttings this year and will take your advice and hang on till
later. Many thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 9 Mar, 15:35, Merryterry wrote:
[...]

later. Many thanks- Hide quoted text -

You could try using Miracle grow liquid fertilizer when the plant is
starting to show Flower bud, I find it gives a much richer colour in
my dahlias.
David hill
Abacus Nurseries