Old 22-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Jim Donald

Default Garden Vac Question

Are garden vacs any use for sucking up small pieces of broken galss
and other sharp objects - like screwnails etc?

We often have a problem with glass & sharp debris near my garage and I
was wondering if a petrol garden vac might be the solution. Fed up
sweeping...

TIA for any assistance.
Old 22-04-2003, 09:56 AM
jane

~
~We often have a problem with glass & sharp debris near my garage and I
~was wondering if a petrol garden vac might be the solution. Fed up
~sweeping...
~
~TIA for any assistance.

I'd say definitely not.
If there is a built-in shredder blade, you'll end up with glass
splinters all over the inside of a cloth bag and this would be very
dangerous. If the screws haven't shorted it out or jammed it up first.
Even if there isn't a shredder blade the pieces may well go at high
speed through the bag (plastic/cloth usually) and into you.

Anything that accelerates sharp things to high speeds is to be
avoided!

(I've only got a mains-powered one for leaves, but it still has the
habit of blowing the bag off occasionally, which in your case would
shoot glass at your feet or side - definitely *not* to be recommended)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!

Pond Vac II question Pinkpggy Ponds 7 25-07-2004 09:02 AM
Pond Vac II question DH Ponds 0 24-07-2004 06:34 PM
Gravel Vac Question rapdor Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 18-10-2003 04:42 PM
Garden Vac Question Jim Donald Lawns 0 22-04-2003 03:56 AM
Which garden vac to buy for a 73 year old? Rory United Kingdom 3 25-10-2002 06:30 PM