GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black fly on Nasturtium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/171989-black-fly-nasturtium.html)

Lord0 19-03-2008 09:04 AM

Black fly on Nasturtium

Hi there,

Every year I grow climbing Nasturtiums (I love 'em) and every year
they get covered in black fly.

Is there an organic way to prevent these little critters?

Cheers

Lord0

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_136_] 19-03-2008 04:31 PM

Black fly on Nasturtium

"Lord0" wrote in message
Hi there,

Every year I grow climbing Nasturtiums (I love 'em) and every year
they get covered in black fly.

Is there an organic way to prevent these little critters?

Cheers

Lord0

I rub them off with my fingers but to be honest, I usually leave a few
nasturtiums around so that the blackfly go on that first rather than the
beans. Soapy water removes them so I am told

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Lord0 19-03-2008 05:36 PM

Black fly on Nasturtium

but to be honest, I usually leave a few nasturtiums around so that the blackfly go on that first

Yeah, they seem to be a blackfly magnet

Baal 19-03-2008 08:42 PM

Black fly on Nasturtium

I have no success with soapy water. I get more success with blasting them
off with the fine spray, whether it contains soap/detergent or not!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way