GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cutting down a laurel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172049-cutting-down-laurel.html)

yvie 21-03-2008 05:25 PM

cutting down a laurel

Hi

I have a very tall laurel which needs to be cut down lower. Its about 20ft high and blocking light.

Can anyone please recommend a lightweight electric pruning saw that will be strong enough for the thicker branches? I cannot hold anything heavy, but still want to tackle the job myself. THe branches are too thick for me to saw manually.

Most seem to be chainsaws and I think may be too heavy for me. I have a shredder so I will want to cut the smaller branches off to shred and dispose of the rest.

Thank you

Yvie