GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bleeding Weather (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172099-bleeding-weather.html)

Draven 23-03-2008 09:51 AM

Bleeding Weather

I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

Sacha[_3_] 23-03-2008 10:39 AM

Bleeding Weather

On 23/3/08 09:51, in article
, "Draven"
wrote:

I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

The winds aren't too bad here now though we had driving rain, almost sleet
at about 9am. For now it's dry but dull.
Where is 'here' for you?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Nick Maclaren 23-03-2008 10:47 AM

Bleeding Weather

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| The winds aren't too bad here now though we had driving rain, almost sleet
| at about 9am. For now it's dry but dull.
| Where is 'here' for you?

Covered in 2" of snow :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The Doctor[_2_] 23-03-2008 01:03 PM

Bleeding Weather

"Draven" wrote in message
. uk...
I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

Hmmm, got down to 29 c here, getting a little cool.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 23-03-2008 01:17 PM

Bleeding Weather

In article ,
says...
On 23/3/08 09:51, in article
, "Draven"
wrote:

I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

The winds aren't too bad here now though we had driving rain, almost sleet
at about 9am. For now it's dry but dull.
Where is 'here' for you?

We are out working (although hiding in tunnels/greenhouses) but the dog
asked to go back in! It is very cold in the wind and very uninspiring Re
garden jobs still to do.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Dave Hill 23-03-2008 01:40 PM

Bleeding Weather

On 23 Mar, 13:17, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 23/3/08 09:51, in article
, "Draven"
wrote:

I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

The winds aren't too bad here now though we had driving rain, almost sleet
at about 9am. *For now it's dry but dull.
Where is 'here' for you?

We are out working (although hiding in tunnels/greenhouses) but the dog
asked to go back in! It is very cold in the wind and very uninspiring Re
garden jobs still to do.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea- Hide quoted text -

It's hard to believe that about 6 weeks ago we were having a barbacue
lunch outside with a shade temp. of 60f.
Here in this part of South Wales we have broken sunshine, quite windy
and a couple of showers. the temp is around 45f.
David Hill

Bob Hobden 23-03-2008 02:46 PM

Bleeding Weather

"Dave Hill" wrote after Charlie Pridham wrote:

We are out working (although hiding in tunnels/greenhouses) but the dog
asked to go back in! It is very cold in the wind and very uninspiring Re
garden jobs still to do.

It's hard to believe that about 6 weeks ago we were having a barbacue
lunch outside with a shade temp. of 60f.
Here in this part of South Wales we have broken sunshine, quite windy
and a couple of showers. the temp is around 45f.

Just swept up the Camellia flowers that have fallen on the grass..... glad I
went down the allotment and got the veg for today's dinner yesterday.
We have had sleet, snow, rain, and sun so far today. Hail was yesterday.
That cold breeze cuts you off at the ankles though.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

David in Normandy[_7_] 23-03-2008 03:19 PM

Bleeding Weather

Dave Hill says...

wrote:

[...]

It makes me glad I got the potatoes planted six weeks ago.
Thus far the experiment seems like a good idea - the ground
is too wet to be workable here now.
--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

K 24-03-2008 01:03 AM

Bleeding Weather

Draven writes
I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

Yesterday we woke to a covering of 3 inches of snow which slowly melted
in the brilliant sunshine, so that by the afternoon there were just
patches in all the shadows.

Today the same, except it was a little bit warmer and the snow melted
quicker. And we had a couple more snow showers in the afternoon.

Perishing cold for gardening, though.

--
Kay

Nick Maclaren 24-03-2008 08:33 AM

Bleeding Weather

In article ,
K writes:
| Draven writes
| I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
| The weather has been awful.
| Strong winds and rain.
|
| Let's hope tomorrow picks up.
|
| Yesterday we woke to a covering of 3 inches of snow which slowly melted
| in the brilliant sunshine, so that by the afternoon there were just
| patches in all the shadows.
|
| Today the same, except it was a little bit warmer and the snow melted
| quicker. And we had a couple more snow showers in the afternoon.
|
| Perishing cold for gardening, though.

There is some of yesterdays's 2" of snow still lying, here.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

JennyC 24-03-2008 12:25 PM

Bleeding Weather

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

There is some of yesterdays's 2" of snow still lying, here.
Nick Maclaren.

Pictures taken this morning in NL:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tayac21/Easter2008

Jenny

Judith in France 24-03-2008 01:17 PM

Bleeding Weather

On Mar 24, 12:25 pm, "JennyC" wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote

There is some of yesterdays's 2" of snow still lying, here.
Nick Maclaren.

Pictures taken this morning in NL:http://picasaweb.google.com/tayac21/Easter2008

Jenny

Beautiful roof garden.

Judith

Fluffball 24-03-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 780235)
I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

It's been rubbish, hasn't it?

I had ambitions to finish painting the fence I starrted last weekend, but it's been way too wet/cold/windy.

Still, I got some of my seedlings moved up to bigger containers.

Bashy 24-03-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffball (Post 780405)
It's been rubbish, hasn't it?

I had ambitions to finish painting the fence I starrted last weekend, but it's been way too wet/cold/windy.

Still, I got some of my seedlings moved up to bigger containers.

Even though it was snowing I still managed to paint my fence today (in the snow).
Didn't get to do anything all weekend as it was so miserable in Essex.
Had to struggle through today as I've so much to do before planting out, and it's gonna be terrible weather all week :-(

prologica 25-03-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 780235)
I was hoping to do some much needed gardening this weekend.
The weather has been awful.
Strong winds and rain.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up.

Can I claim the award for most stoic (or foolhardy) performance of the weekend. I prepared a border (before the snow and rain arrived) and planted 100 bare rooted yews between the snow and sleet. Was very glad to finally get them tucked under a 2" chipping 'duvet' late yesterday. My fingers are well and truly crossed!