Old 24-03-2008, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tim is offline

Default Waterproof radio

Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while she
works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones, a
belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

TIA for any help
Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

Old 24-03-2008, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tim wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4
while she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as
headphones, a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the
wish list :-)
TIA for any help
Tim

http://www.remtrak.com/av/showerradio.htm
Second item. Many others around. Argos used to do one, but discon I think.
Google is your friend 'shower radio'
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 24-03-2008, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim" wrote
Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while
she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones,
a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

A friend has a wind up one he uses whilst out on his allotment, he listens
to the sport, I think it's by Eton and it's bright yellow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 25-03-2008, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim" no wrote in message
m...
Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while
she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones,
a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

TIA for any help
Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/
May I suggest she doesn't need a waterproof one? I listen to the radio at
various times in different types of weather but I use a Sony personal radio
with small 'earplugs'. Works a treat and has lasted many years. This is very
similar to the one I use although there are many others.
http://tinyurl.com/3cyz85

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 25-03-2008, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 25 Mar, 14:03, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote:
"Tim" no wrote in message

m... Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while
she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones,
a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

TIA for any help
Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

May I suggest she doesn't need a waterproof one? I listen to the radio at
various times in different types of weather but I use a Sony personal radio
with small 'earplugs'. Works a treat and has lasted many years. This is very
similar to the one I use although there are many others.http://tinyurl.com/3cyz85

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Associationwww.rraa.moonfruit.com

I have an old Roberts radio I use out the field, and it it looks like
rain I just stuff it inside a polythene bag, works well.
I have been trying to find a DAB radio that takes PPS battery, but
nothing, and the small batteries dont last very long, also the DAB
dont have the volume so hard to hear them from more than about 40 or
50ft.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 26-03-2008, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Plymouth\
wrote:

"Tim" no wrote in message
m...
Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while
she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones,
a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

TIA for any help
Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/
May I suggest she doesn't need a waterproof one? I listen to the radio at
various times in different types of weather but I use a Sony personal radio
with small 'earplugs'. Works a treat and has lasted many years. This is very
similar to the one I use although there are many others.
http://tinyurl.com/3cyz85

This is what I do - outdoors in all weathers.

Lazarus
Old 27-03-2008, 02:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim" no wrote in message
m...
Hi

Does anyone know of a small waterproof or water resistant radio? My
girlfriend works as a gardener and would like to listen to Radio 4 while
she works. A built in speaker would be an advantage as well as headphones,
a belt clip would be good but that's probably pushing the wish list :-)

TIA for any help
Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

I have used a Sony Walkman radio cassette player down the allotment for
years. It fits into the zip-up pocket in the top of my overalls, and takes
two AA batteries which last for months, even when playing talking books from
the library.

s.

Old 29-03-2008, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tim is offline

Thank you all for the good ideas, much appreciated.

Tim
--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

Tarpaulin or pond liner as waterproof soup[_2_] United Kingdom 4 23-03-2009 12:22 PM
Waterproof furniture OhNo United Kingdom 3 09-07-2006 12:42 PM
Wind up solar powered waterproof radio Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 9 08-10-2004 06:59 PM
waterproof pot? Tara United Kingdom 9 02-05-2004 04:14 PM
Waterproof enclosures [250mm x 250mm x 150 or 200mm] Rich United Kingdom 9 27-04-2003 07:32 PM