Old 24-03-2008, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rosemary 'Irene'

A little while ago someone posted here about this and it seems only to be
available in USA. I made enquiries about it from San Marcos Growers and
they put me in touch with its developer. I'll see what else I can discover
from Geoff Needham. In the meantime, this is what I was told:

"Dear Sacha,

Sorry to reply so late. Your message was put*inadvertently*in my junk mail.

I do not know whether Rosemary officinalis Irene (cv: 'Renzels') USPP 9124
is available in any UK outlet. It does not have Plant Breeder's rights on
it. I have heard that it is around, and i did send cuttings once to Geoff
Needham at Far Plants (?), but they did not pursue it.

You are welcome to grow it. I would hope you would get the true form of it.
Let me know how you progress.

Phil Johnson"

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-03-2008, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

On Mar 24, 11:42 pm, Sacha wrote:
A little while ago someone posted here about this and it seems only to be
available in USA. ............... this is what I was told:

I do not know whether Rosemary officinalis Irene (cv: 'Renzels') USPP 9124
is available in any UK outlet. It does not have Plant Breeder's rights on
it. I have heard that it is around, and i did send cuttings once to Geoff
Needham at Far Plants (?), but they did not pursue it.

Odd, but the Americans can be somewhat blase about some things and
rather obsessive about others.

You are welcome to grow it. I would hope you would get the true form of it.
Let me know how you progress.

Ah well, now someone or several ones need to explore the potential of
this cultivar from the UK point of view. I bet it does well on top of
old walls 'stuck' together with lime mortar. ;-)

Acer palmatum 'Anne Irene' Ginkgo Gardening 4 25-02-2013 04:48 PM
Irene Chris Thompson[_2_] Gardening 3 28-08-2011 01:54 PM
Orsemarinus officinalis Irene - UK available? Eddy United Kingdom 22 08-03-2008 11:57 PM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM