Old 25-03-2008, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recognise this Primula or Polyanthus?

Can anybody tell me what this is please. As a very inexperienced
gardener, I think its a primula or a polyanthus, but I'd be interested
to know which and also if anybody recognises the variety.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...G_0479_1_2.jpg

Thanks

Steve
Old 25-03-2008, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Steve writes:
| Can anybody tell me what this is please. As a very inexperienced
| gardener, I think its a primula or a polyanthus, but I'd be interested
| to know which and also if anybody recognises the variety.
|
| http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...G_0479_1_2.jpg

Probably both! Primula is the genus which includes the plants called
polyanthus. If it has multiple flowers per stem, then it will be
called a polyanthus - if not, it will often be called a primula, and
could well be a primrose hybrid.

It's a very common colour for modern polyanthus, so don't bet on it
being a named variety.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Polyanthus Q Bill P. United Kingdom 6 07-05-2009 04:05 PM
primroses and polyanthus Stephen[_5_] United Kingdom 10 20-06-2008 06:30 PM
Polyanthus - not looking so good Marco Spaccavento Australia 2 09-11-2003 11:13 AM
Care of young polyanthus plants Baz Gardening 2 31-10-2003 01:42 AM
Candelabra Primula? Was Primula Viallii - where and when Ken Riley United Kingdom 3 15-02-2003 06:35 PM