Old 28-03-2008, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blueberry bush question.

Hi all,
my blueberry bush buds have just started to open and the
leaves are spreading out. Some of the leaves are brown and curling at
the ends. What could be causing this.
Thanks for your time
Old 29-03-2008, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks for the reply,
i live in north west england, as im sure
you know we have been having wet windy weather. Im growing them in
pots with multi purpose compost. they get sun in the morning till
about 12 then shade. i bought the plant in feb of this year. Its got
lots of buds and is looking quite healthy. i water them when they are
just about moist but not too wet. Hope this helps.
Thanks again
Old 31-03-2008, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29 Mar, 23:24, wrote:
Thanks for the reply,
i live in north west england, as im sure
you know we have been having wet windy weather. Im growing them in
pots with multi purpose compost. they get sun in the morning till
about 12 then shade. i bought the plant in feb of this year. Its got
lots of buds and is looking quite healthy. i water them when they are
just about moist but not too wet. Hope this helps.
Thanks again

I think the multi purpose compost you're using might be the problem,
as Blueberries like acid soils (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Ericaceae)

Repotting in ericaceous (or Rhododendron) compost might help. That's
what I've got mine in and they seem to be doing ok so far.

Wedge