GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   something toxic to help Hisbiscus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172332-something-toxic-help-hisbiscus.html)

johngood_____[_3_] 29-03-2008 11:29 AM

something toxic to help Hisbiscus

Have got several Hibiscus plants doing very well growing inside, but they
are covered in a small white fly. Several times I have sprayed them with
soapy water (using diluted washing up liquid). It seems to cut down the
numbers for a while, but they soon return.

What is the next step up in this battle? I have been reluctant to turn to
real poisons, not least because the plants are in our living room. Is there
something slightly more toxic I could add to the soapy water. Thanks for
any advice.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 29-03-2008 11:56 AM

something toxic to help Hisbiscus

In article ,
says...
Have got several Hibiscus plants doing very well growing inside, but they
are covered in a small white fly. Several times I have sprayed them with
soapy water (using diluted washing up liquid). It seems to cut down the
numbers for a while, but they soon return.

What is the next step up in this battle? I have been reluctant to turn to
real poisons, not least because the plants are in our living room. Is there
something slightly more toxic I could add to the soapy water. Thanks for
any advice.

Water in some pravado, but even that wont be 100%
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk