Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello summer!

What did I tell you

This from the weather ng posted today from Haytor Devon. Any where near you?

"Warmest day again so far this year.
Max 13.8C
That is higher than our average May max. at 13.6C!

No wonder the grass is growing well and the Spring flowers and tree buds are
bursting.
All ready for some more snow early next week :-)
Managed to top up my tan a bit after work with a good walk on a breezy moor.
"

Enjoy your early summer !!!!!!!!!

David

"Sacha" wrote in message
Welcome to summer 2008 everyone! The wind is howling and the rain is
thrashing itself against the windows. And the clocks go forward tonight.
Happy Summer!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/4/08 22:15, in article ,
"david sutcliffe" wrote:

What did I tell you

This from the weather ng posted today from Haytor Devon. Any where near you?

Visible as we drive up the hill towards Ashburton - our 'home tor', I
suppose.

"Warmest day again so far this year.
Max 13.8C
That is higher than our average May max. at 13.6C!

No wonder the grass is growing well and the Spring flowers and tree buds are
bursting.
All ready for some more snow early next week :-)
Managed to top up my tan a bit after work with a good walk on a breezy moor.
"

Enjoy your early summer !!!!!!!!!

David

And did you hear tonight's forecast....... ;-(

Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/4/08 22:57, in article ,
"Sacha" wrote:

On 1/4/08 22:15, in article ,
"david sutcliffe" wrote:

What did I tell you

This from the weather ng posted today from Haytor Devon. Any where near you?

Visible as we drive up the hill towards Ashburton - our 'home tor', I
suppose.

Tsk. I had meant to add "but the weather changes as soon as we get down to
and across the A38"! It does seem to act as some kind of invisible weather
barrier at times - very strange but true. We do have our own climate round
here.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 30, 12:25 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 30/3/08 12:15, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:06 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:35:50 +0100, Sacha wrote:
On 30/3/08 10:19, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Alan Johnson" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
Welcome to summer 2008 everyone! The wind is howling and the rain is
thrashing itself against the windows. And the clocks go forward
tonight.
Happy Summer!

Hey, what's a clock anyway? You didn't really believe summer would start
on March 30th, did you? :-)

British summer TIME began today, it's not the same thing as summer at all.
It's a mistake lots of people make, as though weather can be determined by
clock or calendar.

Mary

It was a joke, Mary.

It fell on deaf ears. Try again next year? )
--

Martin

Morning Martin, the sun is shining here in the Auvergne, there is a
gale blowing but one can't have everything! Happy Summertime lol

Judith

Is it still snowy or is that melting now? And when it does, do you get lots
of gorgeous wildflowers popping up?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

The snow has gone from around here but on Puy Sancy there is good
skiing. Edward has gone there today with our friends who are staying
for a few days. I am preparing dinner for when they return. I keep
on wanting to stop on the winding narrow roads down the mountain when
I see a flash of colour but unfortunately the roads are too narrow, so
I guess I should go for a walk instead.

Judith

spines and summer surprises, summer regulars and total garden MADNESS again........... madgardener Gardening 4 10-07-2003 03:20 AM
Hello??? KnotHead Lawns 2 31-03-2003 04:32 PM
[IBC] Hello Again Craig Cowing Bonsai 3 15-02-2003 03:15 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM