Old 30-03-2008, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden disasters

What disasters have you had with your gardening?

A fewdays ago, on a beautiful sunny day, I decided to sow some tomato
and herb seeds in pots. This I did and put the tray in my mini,
plastic covered "green house" overnight until I had prepared a space
for them inside. (I've no proper greenhouse) That night we had the
4th lot of gales in March and the whole thing blew down the garden,
scattering pots and soil!
Today I have replanted! The pots are ataying in!

Pam in Bristol
Old 30-03-2008, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pam Moore says...
What disasters have you had with your gardening?

A fewdays ago, on a beautiful sunny day, I decided to sow some tomato
and herb seeds in pots. This I did and put the tray in my mini,
plastic covered "green house" overnight until I had prepared a space
for them inside. (I've no proper greenhouse) That night we had the
4th lot of gales in March and the whole thing blew down the garden,
scattering pots and soil!
Today I have replanted! The pots are ataying in!

Pam in Bristol

On a similar vein we bought a gazebo a couple of years ago
- one of those with metal poles and a fabric cover over it.
The day after putting it together there was a sudden
downpour. I couldn't believe my eyes stepping outside after
the rain shower. The entire structure had collapsed.

The rain had made the fabric roof sag, which then caught
more rain which made it sag more etc, until the metal
tubing could not take the weight. The whole lot had buckled
and the tubing and joints snapped and were completely
destroyed.

Chinese made rubbish. Nowadays I always check before buying
anything in case it has the hazard warning label "Made in
China" or "PRC"

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 30-03-2008, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

David in Normandy writes

On a similar vein we bought a gazebo a couple of years ago
- one of those with metal poles and a fabric cover over it.
The day after putting it together there was a sudden
downpour. I couldn't believe my eyes stepping outside after
the rain shower. The entire structure had collapsed.

Our neighbour had one of those. The day after some strong wind, it was
still in place - but upside down :-)

--
Kay