GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fruit trees ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172391-fruit-trees-id.html)

Cat(h)[_2_] 30-03-2008 06:19 PM

Fruit trees ID

I said recently here that I had bought a pear and a plum in Lidl
recently, and I ended up putting the bareroots trees in a pot close to
the house facade to protect it from a lot of frost we had until
recently.

I planted them up about 2 weeks ago and was glad to see this morning
that they are budding and flowering, respectively. However, this here
silly goose forgot to mark the trees before removing the labelled
packaging.

Am I right in believing the flowering tree to be the plum, and the
leaf-budding one to be the pear?

TIA.
Cat(h)

K 30-03-2008 06:55 PM

Fruit trees ID

"Cat(h)" writes
I said recently here that I had bought a pear and a plum in Lidl
recently, and I ended up putting the bareroots trees in a pot close to
the house facade to protect it from a lot of frost we had until
recently.

I planted them up about 2 weeks ago and was glad to see this morning
that they are budding and flowering, respectively. However, this here
silly goose forgot to mark the trees before removing the labelled
packaging.

Am I right in believing the flowering tree to be the plum, and the
leaf-budding one to be the pear?

Pears flower a bit later - I haven't got flowers on any of mine yet.

Later on, pears have less shiny leaves than plum.
--
Kay

Nick Maclaren 30-03-2008 07:14 PM

Fruit trees ID

In article ,
"Cat(h)" writes:

| Am I right in believing the flowering tree to be the plum, and the
| leaf-budding one to be the pear?

That's the way I would bet :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Cat(h)[_2_] 30-03-2008 07:20 PM

Fruit trees ID

On 30 Mar 2008 18:14:27 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
"Cat(h)" writes:

| Am I right in believing the flowering tree to be the plum, and the
| leaf-budding one to be the pear?

That's the way I would bet :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.