GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cats any ideas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/17242-cats-any-ideas.html)

auntie_biotic 22-04-2003 05:20 PM

Cats any ideas

Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
garden?
Thanks in advance

auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot 22-04-2003 07:20 PM

Cats any ideas

"auntie_biotic" wrote in message
Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
garden?
Thanks in advance

There's a humerous review of one of those ultrasonic devices he
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C57224D44

Si

Peter James 22-04-2003 07:44 PM

Cats any ideas

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:13:01 +0100, "auntie_biotic"
wrote:

Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
garden?
Thanks in advance

Trip mines, fixed sighted self-loading rifle, electric fencer, flame
thrower, 3.5" Bofors Anti-tank gun? Take your pick. Perm any three
from five.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

The Devil's Advocate 22-04-2003 08:32 PM

Cats any ideas

Yes, I use cones collected from conifers over the winter, They look nice but
make it too uncomfortable for the cat

auntie_biotic wrote:
: Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
: garden?
: Thanks in advance
:
: auntie_biotic
: http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Zizz 22-04-2003 09:08 PM

Cats any ideas

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...

auntie_biotic wrote:
: Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
: garden?
: Thanks in advance
:
: auntie_biotic
: http://www.tbandu.co.uk

or clipping from thorny roses, imagine them treading on thorns!

auntie_biotic 22-04-2003 09:20 PM

Cats any ideas

Thanks I like the thorns, stick, and cones ideas. No thanks to tanks guns
etc!!. Problem being I own a cat!

Mike 22-04-2003 09:32 PM

Cats any ideas

In article , auntie_biotic
writes
Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
garden?
Thanks in advance

auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Keep it wet. Preferably with a high pressure water hose from the Fire
Brigade and blast them into the nearest river :-(

Seriously, it will help to keep the vermin away if you keep the soil
moist. (Won't do the plants any harm:-))

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Judy Rigby 22-04-2003 09:44 PM

Cats any ideas

In article , auntie_biotic
writes
Thanks I like the thorns, stick, and cones ideas. No thanks to tanks guns
etc!!. Problem being I own a cat!

The stick idea works. I've done it in a container newly placed this year
right in the path of oncoming & outgoing cats between here & next door.
They don't even bother trying to go via the table it's on any more ...
just take a flying leap from ground to wall.
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html

Sue & Bob Hobden 22-04-2003 11:08 PM

Cats any ideas

"Judy wrote in message
Thanks I like the thorns, stick, and cones ideas. No thanks to tanks

guns
etc!!. Problem being I own a cat!

The stick idea works. I've done it in a container newly placed this year
right in the path of oncoming & outgoing cats between here & next door.
They don't even bother trying to go via the table it's on any more ...
just take a flying leap from ground to wall.
--

I can second that, we use old pea sticks cut from an old hedge, and just
spread them over the ground with a few canes pushed through to stop them

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Stephen Howard 23-04-2003 12:32 AM

Cats any ideas

wrote:

Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
garden?

I don't know if anyone's suggested this idea before - but it occurs to
me that cats prefer to crap in something comfortable, rather than the
scrotty stuff we shove out plants into.
Would they not find a trough of dry sand more appealing?

If the cats aren't yours, and depending on your relationship with the
owner, it might even be possible to site the kitty-loo in the owner's
garden.
A simple roof could be attached to keep the sand dry.

Should you have to site the kitty-loo in your own garden, and assuming
you know who owns the culprit moggy, you could always dig out the crap
and return it to them, in a little bag. I'm sure they'd be only too
happy to arrange disposal of their pet's faeces.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Peter James 23-04-2003 04:33 PM

Cats any ideas

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:22:16 +0100, "auntie_biotic"
wrote:

Very droll, I wanted to get rid of cats in a patch in my garden, no start
war in Iraq!!

OK joking apart. If you have a small contained garden like mine, then
an electronic cat scarer works a treat. I have installed one and
haven't seen any sign of a cat for a month now. My garden is small,
surrounded by a wooden fence and when I say samll, I'm talking about 4
metres by 6 metres. Maybe not so effective in a large garden?
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

Warwick Dumas 23-04-2003 07:48 PM

Cats any ideas

auntie_biotic wrote:
: Any ideas for stopping cats using not all but a particular part of my
: garden?
: Thanks in advance
:
: auntie_biotic
: http://www.tbandu.co.uk

or clipping from thorny roses, imagine them treading on thorns!

Likely to kick them out the way. I just stick canes in the ground, that
works fine.