Old 01-04-2008, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bush ID please

Does anyone recognise this bush?

It is quite prickly and not very popular nowadays.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/image.jpg

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/4/08 08:27, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

Does anyone recognise this bush?

It is quite prickly and not very popular nowadays.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/image.jpg

I fell for it! ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Does anyone recognise this bush?

It is quite prickly and not very popular nowadays.

:-)

Mary

Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:

| Actually... my other post was in a similar vein, the
| product of my twisted imagination. I'd just made the whole
| thing up for April 1st! You seem to have caught me out
| though posting a link to defra that implies there is some
| truth to it after all - and they even call it "Plant
| passports"!!! Oh the irony!

Indeed! Let us consider ourselves all made fools of by Defra :-(
I fell for your post, hook, line and sinker, as you can see.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/4/08 11:29, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:

| Actually... my other post was in a similar vein, the
| product of my twisted imagination. I'd just made the whole
| thing up for April 1st! You seem to have caught me out
| though posting a link to defra that implies there is some
| truth to it after all - and they even call it "Plant
| passports"!!! Oh the irony!

Indeed! Let us consider ourselves all made fools of by Defra :-(
I fell for your post, hook, line and sinker, as you can see.

Greg, one of our nursery staff, has just played a brilliant one on Susie,
who also works on the nursery. He rang the nursery line from his mobile and
asked to speak to her, disguising his voice. Then he said that I had
arranged for all the staff to have new uniforms with the name of the nursery
printed on them. This includes shirts, trousers, fleeces and - exquisite
thought - baseball caps. He then said this meant, of course, that everyone
has to be measured and would she please arrange it. She fell for it 100%
and was moaning about the thought of going around looking like some kind of
barmy army and how hideous they'd look, all dressed in uniform just like
people in huge garden centres and DIY stores etc. etc. Finally, someone
broke it to her that she'd been well and truly suckered in. I don't think
she knew whether to cry tears of mirth or relief! She came running into the
house, begging me for some ideas to catch him with but too late - he was
well on his guard by then!