Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

Default Buying Turf

Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

TIA

--
Steve

Old 01-04-2008, 04:36 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

You need to get it locally as it doesn't keep.
I found the rolawn stuff was good:
http://www.rolawn.co.uk/find-a-stockist.html

Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Zimmy" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

You need to get it locally as it doesn't keep.
I found the rolawn stuff was good:
http://www.rolawn.co.uk/find-a-stockist.html

Thanks,

Of all the online retailers they are by far the most expensive. Don't know
how much they are if collected though.

--
Steve

Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message

"Zimmy" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

You need to get it locally as it doesn't keep.
I found the rolawn stuff was good:
http://www.rolawn.co.uk/find-a-stockist.html

Thanks,

Of all the online retailers they are by far the most expensive. Don't know
how much they are if collected though.

Possibly, I didn't buy it online, just through a gardener's trade account.
Might be worth phoning your local stockist to see what they can do.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:22 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

TIA

--
Steve

Look in Yellow Pages. We had several choices and were very happy with the
one we used. We had a choice of turf at good prices, they gave advice about
what would be suitable for our needs. We had to wait for a few days until
some was cut and sent to them (it wasn't locally produced).

Look around and ask questions, say what you need it for, there's grass and
grass.

Mary

Old 01-04-2008, 07:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

Click my link, you will find what your looking for here. a
href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?
type=1&campid=5335820859&toolid=10001&customid=TEZ ANDO"
target="_blank"EVERYTHING YOUR LOOKING FOR /a
Old 01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered User

I can vouch for Rolawn turf.
Done my whole garden in it last year and everyone who saw it could not believe it looked so good. It was a perfect lawn.
Looking a bit shabby now, but that's because I haven't done anything to it yet after the winter. I'm sure with a bit of love and care, this time in a month or two it will be perfect again.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

I think Butser Hill turf will be fairly local to you, no?

Steve
(Not you, the other one)

Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

I think Butser Hill turf will be fairly local to you, no?

Steve
(Not you, the other one)

Sure. Have you used them?

--
Steve

Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...
Any advice on where to buy turf. I am thinking of buying online but am
willing to collect if necessary.

Don't need that much about 32 square metres.

I am located in Winchester, Hampshire.

I think Butser Hill turf will be fairly local to you, no?

Steve
(Not you, the other one)

Sure. Have you used them?

--
Steve

I am in Portsmouth and I have used Butser Turf a couple of times, when I
replaced my front and back lawn.

A good company to deal with and more than happy to give advice if you tell
them what you are looking for and what kind of lawn you need (one for the
kids to play on or one that will look like a bowling green in a landscape
garden) they will be able to sort you out with something.

I do not think they are the cheapest, but then with lawns you get what you
pay for, so I can certainly recommend Butser Turf.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Dino M" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Ta

--
Steve

Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 2, 9:18*am, "Steve Rainbird"
wrote:
"Dino M" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
[...]

Steve- Hide quoted text -

also worth using the Turf Growers Association website www.turfgrass.co.uk
they all subscribe to a 'code' of quality for the turf to be members,
also lets you see who will deliver to your area and links to websites.
I used one from that website https://www.cowplainturf.co.uk/buy/index.cfm
based over in Waterlooville, delivered 125m2 over to East Dorset the
day after
Old 03-04-2008, 02:40 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.gardening

"Woby Tide" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 9:18 am, "Steve Rainbird"
wrote:
"Dino M" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Steve Rainbird" wrote in
[...]

Thanks for that. Did you get their own Wessex general Turf or the Q lawn
one? Was it good quality?

--
Steve

Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 11:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 02:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 12:20 PM