Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Default still adding

i have just counted up how many clematis i now have in my small garden and it is 23 , i cant wait to see them when they flower.
so far so good .

this addiction is getting worse by the day , especially at this time of the year . i seem to be seeing clematis in my dreams lol
Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] View Post

[/i][/color]
Just met a lady from east anglia with 230 in a small garden!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

i have mine on the fences ,on the shed , on various obolisks and by the shrubs , i have just planted one next to the waterbutt and wrapped wire round the waterbutt and hopefully it will hide it from view. i also have a couple in pots . cant wait to see the results.

i think i may get one of those metal arches to go across the path and put a couple by that .
Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

[quote=Stephen Wolstenholme;782049]

I can't even imagine 23 clematis in a small garden. Some grow huge. I
only have one and it is about 10 feet wide, up to the top of the wall
and then down the other side.

Steve

--
QUOTE]
that sounds like a nice established one you have there. what sort is i,t have you any pics i love to see peoples gardens
Old 03-04-2008, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"may" wrote in message

'Charlie Pridham[_2_ Wrote:
;782054']

Just met a lady from east anglia with 230 in a small garden!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

wow that must be some garden, its surprising how many you can fit
around the place.

i have mine on the fences ,on the shed , on various obolisks and by
the shrubs , i have just planted one next to the waterbutt and
wrapped wire round the waterbutt and hopefully it will hide it from
view. i also have a couple in pots . cant wait to see the results.

i think i may get one of those metal arches to go across the path and
put a couple by that .

[/i][/color]

We have just made a 'longish' arch over a path leading to a seat by putting
two together with an equal gap between and covered it all with black plastic
coated 'chicken wire'. We have all sorts of things growing on it from
Clematis Viticella 'Mary Rose' to a climbing rose with more to go on yet.
Inside the arch we are contemplating growing red and white flowered Runner
Beans!!

Mike

Old 07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:

[/i][/color]
Just met a lady from east anglia with 230 in a small garden!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea[/i][/color]

[...]

thats a good idea to plant runner beans on an arch . you can sit there and pick your lunch.
Old 27-04-2008, 03:53 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by may View Post
i have just counted up how many clematis i now have in my small garden and it is 23 , i cant wait to see them when they flower.
so far so good .

this addiction is getting worse by the day , especially at this time of the year . i seem to be seeing clematis in my dreams lol

well i am glad to say that all of my clematis are having a growth spurt, and now i have got 27 .
in the last few days they have really started to get going .
most of them are only about 3 foot high. but the buds are forming and they are looking fine. i have noticed some green fly on a couple of them but i am not sure if i should spray them or not.
And one of the flower buds looked as if some thing had been eating it, i wonder if it was the birds picking off the green fly .
should i spray them ?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:42 AM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by may View Post
well i am glad to say that all of my clematis are having a growth spurt, and now i have got 27 .
in the last few days they have really started to get going .
most of them are only about 3 foot high. but the buds are forming and they are looking fine. i have noticed some green fly on a couple of them but i am not sure if i should spray them or not.
And one of the flower buds looked as if some thing had been eating it, i wonder if it was the birds picking off the green fly .
should i spray them ?
yippee the first to flower of my clematis

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/P1040496.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/P1040497.jpg
GUERNSEY CREAM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/P1040524.jpg

MOTANA RUBENS

Adding nitrates without adding Ca, Mg or K Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\) Freshwater Aquaria Plants 34 19-01-2006 07:19 PM
adding PO4 and KNO3 to eliminate algae? [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
Adding Worms to Garden Dave Strasz Gardening 4 31-03-2003 10:08 AM
adding salt Carola / Les Ponds 8 08-02-2003 11:54 PM
Adding Compost To Mulched Flower Beds Fleemo Gardening 9 07-02-2003 07:34 PM