Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A couple of IDs?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/

Thanks in anticipation!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

cupra writes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/

Looks like Spanish bluebell to me at first glance

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/

Forget-me-not, don't know which one.

Thanks in anticipation!

--
Kay
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , cupra
writes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/

Either too much detail or not enough. We can't see the overall habitus,
which would distinguish Hyacinth, Spanish Bluebell and English Bluebell,
nor can we see the innards of the flowers, which, combined with, say
Stace, allow us to do the same. I'd go for Spanish Bluebell.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/

Try forget-me-not (Myosotis) - they're mostly not out round here, but I
saw a few flowering today. There are other boraginaceous plants in
flower at the moment (e.g. Omphaloides), and many of them have similar
blue flowers, but your photo is giving me a Myosotis jizz.

Thanks in anticipation!

The "salad leaf flowers" are probably radish (Raphanus sativus). I think
that the last snowdrop is actually a snowflake (Leucojum). I'd guess at
Helenium for the orange "Knightshayes Flowers".
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info http://lavateraguy.blogspot.com
Old 05-04-2008, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , cupra
writes
[...]

Brilliant, thanks for browsing through! I have inklings on some of the
plants but I don't have enough general knowledge yet... you've certainly
helped me out!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K writes:
| cupra writes
| http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/
|
| Looks like Spanish bluebell to me at first glance
|
| http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/
|
| Forget-me-not, don't know which one.

Sure? They look very much like Alkanet to me. Anyway, if they are,
it is a floppy plant up to 1'6" high with hairy leaves up to 2' long
and 6" across. It is locally common (and is common around Cambridge).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , cupra
writes
[...]

One second thoughts the "salad leaf flowers" could also be one of the
rockets, such a s white rocket (Diplotaxis erucoides) or garden rocket
(Eruca vesicaria).
Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
(Nick Maclaren) writes:
| In article ,
| K writes:
| | cupra writes
| |
http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/
| |
| | Looks like Spanish bluebell to me at first glance
| |
| | http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...n/photostream/
| |
| | Forget-me-not, don't know which one.
|
| Sure? They look very much like Alkanet to me. Anyway, if they are,
| it is a floppy plant up to 1'6" high with hairy leaves up to 2' long
| and 6" across. It is locally common (and is common around Cambridge).

I forgot to say, but unlikely to be out now, except in much warmer
parts of the country ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , cupra
writes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/treetop...os/2388191586/

Either too much detail or not enough. We can't see the overall habitus,
which would distinguish Hyacinth, Spanish Bluebell and English
Bluebell, nor can we see the innards of the flowers, which, combined
with, say Stace, allow us to do the same. I'd go for Spanish Bluebell.

I went for Spanish on the general sturdiness of the thing, also the
bells seem to flare too much for English.