GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   SS spade recognition ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172691-ss-spade-recognition.html)

p. pleater 06-04-2008 08:04 PM

SS spade recognition ?

I have a stainless steel border spade which is now some 20+ years old,
so old that the plastic D-shaped handle is disintegrating due to a
combination of UV decay, sweaty hands and years of steady use etc.

I need to renew the handle but the problem is that I don't know the name
of the manufacturer because the brand label has long gone, and my brain
and memory is very much more "wrinkly" now-a-days (in fact more like a
pickled walnut).

I do know it was expensive and made by one of the well-known big names
such as Wilkinson, Stanley, etc, and the only identifiable feature about
the spade is that the haft is a bright purple colour.

So before I go through the trouble and tedium of contacting all possible
sources, I wondered if anyone on the NG could recognise the manufacturer
of purple-hafted SS spades from yonks ago.
A long shot I know, but I might be lucky....and you don't get if you
don't ask !

Best Regards...