GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What fungi is this please ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172939-what-fungi-please.html)

NickTheBatMan 13-04-2008 08:30 AM

What fungi is this please ?

Just taken these photos http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/nickw7coc/WhatFungi
at someones house, I didn't think there were fungi that produced so
well at this time of year...?!

They're growing on Horse much that's been transported about half a
mile across some fields...

There's hundreds of them !

Are they edible or what ?

TIA
Posted via Google Groups so I can keep an eye on replies as I don't
subscribe to this group properly...

Nick

NickTheBatMan 13-04-2008 12:31 PM

What fungi is this please ?

On 13 Apr, 09:34, Martin wrote:

Fill this form in and see what you gethttp://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/chooser.asp

This perhaps?http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/galle...k~bid~6915.asp
--

Martin

Most excellent site Martin, thank you :)

The only problem I have with the photos it's producing are that the
cap is flat where the one we're looking for isn't, and the gills are
pale where the ones we're looking for aren't...

Shall keep digging... sorry no pun in 10 did !

Granity 13-04-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickTheBatMan (Post 784212)
On 13 Apr, 09:34, Martin wrote:[color=blue][i]
wrote:

Just taken these photoshttp://picasaweb.google.co.uk/nickw7coc/WhatFungi
at someones house, I didn't think there were fungi that produced so
well at this time of year...?!

They're growing on Horse much that's been transported about half a
mile across some fields...

There's hundreds of them !

Are they edible or what ?

TIA
Posted via Google Groups so I can keep an eye on replies as I don't
subscribe to this group properly...

Posibly Volvariella speciosa, but very dificult to identify from just a photo