GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wormery - tea bags (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/172941-wormery-tea-bags.html)

judith[_4_] 13-04-2008 09:30 AM

wormery - tea bags

Is it OK to put tea bags in wormeries?

Does the "paper" (is it "paper?) disintegrate?

Mark Nicholls 13-04-2008 03:06 PM

wormery - tea bags

judith wrote:
Is it OK to put tea bags in wormeries?

Does the "paper" (is it "paper?) disintegrate?

Teabag paper is mostly wood-fibre but contains a percentage of polythene
&/or polypropylene fibre, (to enable the seams stick together when they
are heat-sealed). Obviously the former would compost, but the latter
would not....

Mark

Pete C[_2_] 13-04-2008 03:38 PM

wormery - tea bags

Like wot Anne said. :)
--
Pete C
London UK

Bob Hobden 13-04-2008 10:57 PM

wormery - tea bags

"judith" wrote...

Is it OK to put tea bags in wormeries?

Does the "paper" (is it "paper?) disintegrate?

Don't know Judith, the wife and I like tea so wouldn't use such rubbish.
:-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 14-04-2008 11:28 AM

wormery - tea bags

In article ,
says...

Is it OK to put tea bags in wormeries?

Does the "paper" (is it "paper?) disintegrate?

We put the whole lot in (we get lots from the tea room in summer) and a
year later there are still some ghost bags left in the compost but after
use, say two years later, they have gone completely.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk