Old 17-04-2008, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vegetable Gardening Poll

Will you be growing your own this year?

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk/#/ve...oll/4528445642
Old 17-04-2008, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Will you be growing your own this year?

Yes!

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk/#/ve...oll/4528445642

Old 17-04-2008, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan holmes" wrote in message

wrote in message
Will you be growing your own this year?

Yes!

We will if Wessex Water ever give us the allotment back, and if there's
anything on it not utterly destroyed.

Steve

Old 18-04-2008, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Will you be growing your own this year?

Yes!

We will if Wessex Water ever give us the allotment back, and if there's
anything on it not utterly destroyed.

Steve

How's that going, Steve?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-04-2008, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Will you be growing your own this year?

Yes!

We will if Wessex Water ever give us the allotment back, and if there's
anything on it not utterly destroyed.

Steve

How's that going, Steve?

--

Not great. The pipe has been in for a fortnight, but they're still messing
about, reluctant to actually finish I think.

You can see the pics here -

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...azzbat3/works/

And this one-

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Apr16th001.jpg

Is how the allotment looked on Wednesday this week. Just like an allotment
should look in Mid-April, no?

I told them because they'd mixed up the topsoil with the subsoil and their
gravel and all manner of garbage that I wanted the top 0.5 metre removed and
replaced by new topsoil. They semed OK about it until I told them my
calculations made it 325 Cu m, that made them gulp a bit. As far as I can
tell, they've only covered by about 4", so there's going to be another row
about that.

And all this is for a pipe 6" dia.

Steve

Old 18-04-2008, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
[...]

Oh dear indeed! It's the nightmare of what builders do one's garden but
magnified umpteen times. I'm really very sorry this is happening to you.
But it's a really good thing you've taken all those photos!

--
Sacha

Old 18-04-2008, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Sacha.

We went down there again this evening, and they haven't done a thing to our
plot since Wednesday. Apart from drop several sweet wrappers and cigarette
ends in one of our water tanks, and scatter what appear to be mint imperials
around the place.

We saw one of the other allotmenteers, who has been there daytimes, and he
says they really are the most incompetent bunch he's ever seen, they don't
get through a day's work between them. Which pretty much bears out what we
already knew. Wessex Water? Wessex W...... more like.

Steve