GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cotoneaster 'Rothschildianus' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/173238-cotoneaster-rothschildianus.html)

'Mike' 19-04-2008 08:06 PM

Cotoneaster 'Rothschildianus'

We have one in an 'awkward' place in the garden. To old and 'tatty' to move
and it would probably kill it if we tried.

We don't want to dump it.

We have taken 'heel' cuttings and out them in a pot in the greenhouse.

Our neighbour suggested that we harvest the berries, put them in a plastic
bag and into the fridge for a week, the freezer for a week, then back in the
fridge for a week them plant. Apparently they like a stimulus of frost. This
we have done.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

I have photos of the poor old plant if that would help.

Mike, for 'Her out doors' :-)