Old 23-04-2003, 01:59 PM
The Reid

Default netting over strawberries etc

I have green netting about 1 cm square holes to protect fruit from
birds, however will this stop insects pollenating?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

Old 23-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
The Reid wrote:
I have green netting about 1 cm square holes to protect fruit from
birds, however will this stop insects pollenating?

It depends on what you are growing! There are some plants which are
pollinated by large moths (and even bats, in the tropics), but I can't
think of any that bear fruit in the UK. 1" might stop hawkmoths, but
won't stop much else.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.