GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brussel Sprouts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/173571-brussel-sprouts.html)

judith[_4_] 26-04-2008 11:39 AM

Brussel Sprouts

Starting off in pots in green house - they are about three inches
high.

Some of the leaves are yellowing - should I be feeding them with
something?

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² 26-04-2008 12:01 PM

Brussel Sprouts

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:39:07 +0100, judith
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Starting off in pots in green house - they are about three inches
high.

Some of the leaves are yellowing - should I be feeding them with
something?

Fresh air outside?

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²

Bob Hobden 26-04-2008 12:37 PM

Brussel Sprouts

Ron wrote after...
judith wrote and included this (or some of this):

Starting off in pots in green house - they are about three inches
high.

Some of the leaves are yellowing - should I be feeding them with
something?

Fresh air outside?

We always grow our brassicas from seed in rootrainers but outside, not in
the greenhouse, like peas they don't like it hot.
Watch the Pigeons though!
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

judith[_4_] 26-04-2008 02:05 PM

Brussel Sprouts

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:37:42 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Ron wrote after...
judith wrote and included this (or some of this):

Starting off in pots in green house - they are about three inches
high.

Some of the leaves are yellowing - should I be feeding them with
something?

Fresh air outside?

We always grow our brassicas from seed in rootrainers but outside, not in
the greenhouse, like peas they don't like it hot.
Watch the Pigeons though!

Thanks to both of you - I will move them outside - the greenhouse has
been getting warm during the day.

alan holmes 26-04-2008 09:17 PM

Brussel Sprouts

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Ron wrote after...
judith wrote and included this (or some of this):

Starting off in pots in green house - they are about three inches
high.

Some of the leaves are yellowing - should I be feeding them with
something?

Fresh air outside?

We always grow our brassicas from seed in rootrainers but outside, not in
the greenhouse, like peas they don't like it hot.
Watch the Pigeons though!

Put something bright red near them and the pigeons will stay away.

Alan

Bob Hobden 27-04-2008 12:46 PM

Brussel Sprouts

"alan holmes" wrote...

Put something bright red near them and the pigeons will stay away.

Yes but then they get trampled on by the local Bull. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

alan holmes 27-04-2008 11:48 PM

Brussel Sprouts

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"alan holmes" wrote...

Put something bright red near them and the pigeons will stay away.

Yes but then they get trampled on by the local Bull. :-)

Brilliant!

Alan