Old 26-04-2008, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default HELP! Identify this rose please!

Can anyone identify this rose for me please? We bought it 2 years ago
and the label has disappeared. It is growing up one side of an arch
and we want another, the same, for the other side.

ANY suggestions would be very much appreciated.... if we just see
the name it will probably 'ring a bell' and we will know immediately
if it is correct!

Some details that might be helpful are.....
Mildly perfumed
Short stemmed flowers

I've placed some pictures here.... hopefully you can click on these
links and see them (fingers crossed).

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/rose/rose1.jpg
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/rose/rose2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Janet
Old 26-04-2008, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote
Can anyone identify this rose for me please? We bought it 2 years ago
and the label has disappeared. It is growing up one side of an arch
and we want another, the same, for the other side.

ANY suggestions would be very much appreciated.... if we just see
the name it will probably 'ring a bell' and we will know immediately
if it is correct!

Some details that might be helpful are.....
Mildly perfumed
Short stemmed flowers

I've placed some pictures here.... hopefully you can click on these
links and see them (fingers crossed).

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/rose/rose1.jpg
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/rose/rose2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

A bit like "Gertrude Jekyll" for colour but the bud looks more like a Tea
Rose.
Take a look....
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl...asp?showr=4254

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-04-2008, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks for that suggestion Bob, but I think that one has too many
petals, any other suggestions would be gratefully received!
Old 26-04-2008, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Bob Hobden writes

Janet wrote
Can anyone identify this rose for me please? We bought it 2 years ago
and the label has disappeared. It is growing up one side of an arch
and we want another, the same, for the other side.

Guaranteed way of getting the same would be to take a cutting. But I can
quite understand you'd like to move a bit more quickly than that.

--
Kay
Old 26-04-2008, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/4/08 12:52, in article
,
" wrote:

Thanks for that suggestion Bob, but I think that one has too many
petals, any other suggestions would be gratefully received!

If you go through the David Austin online catalogue, using the search terms
of pink, climbing and so forth, that might help you.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-04-2008, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote after..
Janet wrote
Can anyone identify this rose for me please? We bought it 2 years ago
and the label has disappeared. It is growing up one side of an arch
and we want another, the same, for the other side.

Guaranteed way of getting the same would be to take a cutting. But I can
quite understand you'd like to move a bit more quickly than that.

Last year we were bought a small bunch of the darkest red roses and after
the flowers started to go over I used the stems as cutting on the off
chance, nothing lost, and any resulting plant would be a reminder of that
person. Just pushed them into the soil in the garden, a dampish protected
spot otherwise nothing special at all.
Three are putting out leaves.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-04-2008, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:50:07 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Last year we were bought a small bunch of the darkest red roses and after
the flowers started to go over I used the stems as cutting on the off
chance, nothing lost, and any resulting plant would be a reminder of that
person. Just pushed them into the soil in the garden, a dampish protected
spot otherwise nothing special at all.
Three are putting out leaves.

They can do that. It doesn't necessarily mean that they've rooted.

Cross my fingers for you. You could get lucky.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²
Old 27-04-2008, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Looking at various websites it would appear that 'Pink Perpetue' is about
the nearest, including the glossy leaves and slight fragrance.
David Austin's website link:
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl....asp?showr=702
Paul

Old 28-04-2008, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Paul Bernard writes
Looking at various websites it would appear that 'Pink Perpetue' is about
the nearest, including the glossy leaves and slight fragrance.
David Austin's website link:
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl....asp?showr=702
Paul

The OP's rose has more of a classic 'HT' shape and is a deeper pink. I
don't think this is the correct identification, even if it is the
nearest as far as pictures on the web are concerned

Old 28-04-2008, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Could count the petals when it blooms this year as 'Pink Perpetue' is
supposed to have 32
Paul

Paul Bernard writes

Please identify this rose binzi Roses 7 30-07-2008 07:16 PM
Can anyone help me identify this plant? - identify-01.jpg Palooka Garden Photos 2 14-05-2008 10:36 PM
HELP! Identify this rose please! [email protected] Roses 1 26-04-2008 03:40 PM