Old 05-05-2008, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Removal of bindweed

On May 5, 11:22 am, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 5 May 2008 02:26:04 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 5, 9:02 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 4 May 2008 15:33:22 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 4, 11:00 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 4/5/08 16:43, in article ,

"Stuart Noble" wrote:
Sacha wrote:
On 4/5/08 13:55, in article ,
"Stuart Noble" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 4/5/08 13:14, in article ,
"Stuart Noble" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 3/5/08 22:54, in article ,
"Baal"
wrote:

TY Judith
It does work. It's not pretty but keep your nerve! Trying to dig it out
is
a disaster, frankly because every broken off bit of root gives rise to a
new
plant.

I wonder if it works with the dreaded Japanese Knotweed. I know someone
who's just moved into a house and seeing that emerging from the crazy
paving wasn't the best house warming present!
Perhaps you could give her a house warming present of a new paintbrush!
No, sorry, you've lost me there.

To paint on the weedkiller.

Ah, thanks. I've only ever used a spray for nuisance weeds. This
knotweed sounds like a pretty serious business.

It's a pest and a pain. I mention the paintbrush because of the weeding I
did today on the drive. Most parts of the garden were almost windless but
this had a steady breeze and any spray would have drifted onto things we
don't want ruined! For a variety of reasons, this year has been very busy
and spare hands in short supply, so soil we dug over last year has been
pounced upon by tiresome but easily uprooted weeds like Shepherd's purse and
goose grass. Unfortunately, it's a fairly broad and long area and I would
have loved to have been able to spray it!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

I sprayed this p.m. no breeze and I zapped all seedlings coming
through but I also sprayed some Fleur de Lys by mistake, the forecast
for tonight is a storm so I am just about to go to bed and I am really
looking forward to the it. I love laying in bed listening to the
rain battering the windows, you can tell I was born in Eire, goodnight
all.

You should spend your winters on the Dutch Riviera )

Is that an invite? :-)

No, more like sarcasm )
--

Martin

I thought so :-)

Judith

Field Bindweed Lawn Removal [email protected] Gardening 9 04-08-2005 12:45 PM
Bindweed and nettles Andy Sanson United Kingdom 26 03-08-2003 07:13 PM
Newbie: Bindweed Wars Dr. HackenSack United Kingdom 10 17-06-2003 07:56 AM
bindweed barrier Jane Gardening 3 08-06-2003 01:44 PM
Bindweed SIgnots Gardening 16 29-05-2003 04:44 PM