Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Celeriac

Just bought a tray of celeriac at a plant sale. Should I pot them on
and then plant out? Or should I prick them out and plant directly into
the ground? They are about 6cm tall ATM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman View Post
Just bought a tray of celeriac at a plant sale. Should I pot them on
and then plant out? Or should I prick them out and plant directly into
the ground? They are about 6cm tall ATM.
Get them in the ground. They need plenty of moisture and fertiliser to form a good root. You also have to remove certain bits of the plant as it grows, it will tell you in a book.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

echinosum wrote:
Saxman;789084 Wrote:
Just bought a tray of celeriac at a plant sale. Should I pot them on
and then plant out? Or should I prick them out and plant directly into

the ground? They are about 6cm tall ATM.

Get them in the ground. They need plenty of moisture and fertiliser to
form a good root. You also have to remove certain bits of the plant as
it grows, it will tell you in a book.

RHS says to plant out at end of May /early June.
http://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/crops/celeriac.asp

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames

Leeks and celeriac (again) Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 15-02-2004 09:19 AM
Leeks and celeriac (again) Alan Holmes United Kingdom 1 09-02-2004 05:54 PM
Leeks and celeriac (again) Alan Holmes United Kingdom 1 09-02-2004 05:45 PM
Celeriac Alan Holmes United Kingdom 0 01-05-2003 06:56 PM
Celeriac --- How frost tolerant? Edible Gardening 2 25-04-2003 11:32 PM