GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Golden Privet (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/173930-golden-privet.html)

beccabunga 05-05-2008 10:43 PM

Golden Privet

I want a golden privet - not a variegated one. But all the garden centres stock seem to be the variegated form.

Does anyone known where I can get a proper golden privet - Ligustrum ovalifolium Aureum, NOT Ligustrum ovalifolium aureomarginatum?

Emery Davis[_2_] 06-05-2008 06:12 AM

Golden Privet

beccabunga wrote:
I want a golden privet - not a variegated one. But all the garden
centres stock seem to be the variegated form.

Does anyone known where I can get a proper golden privet - Ligustrum
ovalifolium Aureum, NOT Ligustrum ovalifolium aureomarginatum?

The rhas plant finder found 45 suppliers including 30 mail order:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...s.asp?ID=78015

-E

beccabunga 06-05-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_2_] (Post 789452)
beccabunga wrote:
I want a golden privet - not a variegated one. But all the garden
centres stock seem to be the variegated form.

Does anyone known where I can get a proper golden privet - Ligustrum
ovalifolium Aureum, NOT Ligustrum ovalifolium aureomarginatum?

The rhas plant finder found 45 suppliers including 30 mail order:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...s.asp?ID=78015

-E

Thanks - had been through them and they all basically stock "variegata". We cracked today and bought a Ligustrum ovalifolium variegatum "Lemon and Lime" which is the nearest we can get to the real golden form.