Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rhubarb ?

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 9, 2:33 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

et...

Rhubarb and ice cream.... Lovely.

I think that nothing beats rhubarb and cream. I'm salivating at the
thought!

Mary

For me it's rhubarb and custard - especially when made into rhubarb
fool.

I make fool with yogurt - the next best thing to cream :-)

Too idle to make custard ... but custard is best with rhubarb pie.

Mary

Judith

Old 10-05-2008, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 9, 2:33 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

et...

Rhubarb and ice cream.... Lovely.

I think that nothing beats rhubarb and cream. I'm salivating at the
thought!

Mary

For me it's rhubarb and custard - especially when made into rhubarb
fool.

I make fool with yogurt - the next best thing to cream :-)

Too idle to make custard ... but custard is best with rhubarb pie.

Mary

Judith

How do you make fool then ?

James

Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"the_constructor" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 9, 2:33 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

et...

Rhubarb and ice cream.... Lovely.

I think that nothing beats rhubarb and cream. I'm salivating at the
thought!

Mary

For me it's rhubarb and custard - especially when made into rhubarb
fool.

I make fool with yogurt - the next best thing to cream :-)

Too idle to make custard ... but custard is best with rhubarb pie.

Mary

Judith

How do you make fool then ?

James

I know not how others make it but I cut rhubarb into 1" pieces and put them
into a pan with some honey (no water). Cooking over a low heat until the
rhubarb is soft takes but a few minutes. Then I stir it into cream - or
yogurt.

Bliss.

Mary

Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Sounds pure heaven Mary. Will have to give it a go

James

Old 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 11, 9:48*am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 9, 2:33 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

lusnet...

[...]

I make a superb rhubarb crumble (no credit, recipe from one of my fav
cookery books) with orange juice and zest, filling 1/3 cooking apple,
2/3 rhubarb, demerara sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
It is heaven on a plate, served with some mascarpone cheese - i'd say
it would be gorgeous with clotted cream too, but that's hard to find
here.

Cat(h)

Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
[...]

You spoilt it with adding the cheese
James

Old 13-05-2008, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
[...]

Marscapone isn't like cheese, think cream cheese only more substantial. It's
very good.

I just wouldn't want to go to all that trouble, still prefer my way :-)

Mary

Old 18-05-2008, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 12 May 2008 21:09:57 +0100, "the_constructor"
wrote:

I make a superb rhubarb crumble (no credit, recipe from one of my fav
cookery books) with orange juice and zest, filling 1/3 cooking apple,
2/3 rhubarb, demerara sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
It is heaven on a plate, served with some mascarpone cheese - i'd say
it would be gorgeous with clotted cream too, but that's hard to find
here.

Cat(h)

You spoilt it with adding the cheese

No-one forces you to.

Cat(h)

Old 18-05-2008, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I daren't go and pull any of my rhubarb: there's something in there. I
can hear it, and I have an idea it might be a heffalump.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/rhubarb0.jpg

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 19-05-2008, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I make a superb rhubarb crumble (no credit, recipe from one of my fav
cookery books) with orange juice and zest, filling 1/3 cooking apple,
2/3 rhubarb, demerara sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
It is heaven on a plate, served with some mascarpone cheese - i'd say
it would be gorgeous with clotted cream too, but that's hard to find
here.

Cat(h)

You spoilt it with adding the cheese

No-one forces you to.

Cat(h)

You didn't spoil it either. Marscapone is delightful. Perhaps the
'constructor' thinks it should be on a cheeseboard ...

Mary