GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shelf life of weed killers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174082-shelf-life-weed-killers.html)

Broadback 08-05-2008 01:28 PM

Shelf life of weed killers

Does anyone know if Roundup (diluted and undiluted) or Verdone has a
shelf life, if so what? I was thinking that buying large quantities is
cheaper, but no if it becomes ineffective after a while.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 08-05-2008 06:15 PM

Shelf life of weed killers

In article ,
says...
Does anyone know if Roundup (diluted and undiluted) or Verdone has a
shelf life, if so what? I was thinking that buying large quantities is
cheaper, but no if it becomes ineffective after a while.

I bought a container of concentrated Round up when we arrived here in
1982 and I have just mixed the last up it works just as well now as then,
I also always mix a 5 litre batch but use only very small quantities in a
hand mister for those awkawd weeds so once mixed it also lasts 1-2 years
with no reduction in effectiveness.
What it says on the packaging I am afraid I have no idea!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk