GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rinner Beans- clockwise? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174115-rinner-beans-clockwise.html)

judith[_4_] 09-05-2008 12:51 PM

Rinner Beans- clockwise?

Am I right in saying that Runner Beans will twist clockwise when
viewed from above - but French climbing beans go the opposite way?

Mary Fisher 09-05-2008 02:32 PM

Rinner Beans- clockwise?

"judith" wrote in message
Am I right in saying that Runner Beans will twist clockwise when
viewed from above - but French climbing beans go the opposite way?

In my experience they go either way - one plant will often change direction.
They never go straight up ...

Mary

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_165_] 09-05-2008 07:24 PM

Rinner Beans- clockwise?

"judith" wrote in message
Am I right in saying that Runner Beans will twist clockwise when

YES
viewed from above - but French climbing beans go the opposite way?

Don't think so

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_166_] 09-05-2008 07:25 PM

Rinner Beans- clockwise?

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"judith" wrote in message
Am I right in saying that Runner Beans will twist clockwise when

YES
viewed from above - but French climbing beans go the opposite way?

Don't think so

Silly me, viewed from, above runners go anti clockwise