GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb - help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174145-rhubarb-help.html)

jal 09-05-2008 02:44 PM

Rhubarb - help!

I offered our excess rhubarb around at work and was knocked over in the
rush!

However I also offered plants: help: is it OK to split the plant now,
and plant?

John

the_constructor 09-05-2008 05:55 PM

Rhubarb - help!

"jal" wrote in message
I offered our excess rhubarb around at work and was knocked over in the
rush!

However I also offered plants: help: is it OK to split the plant now,
and plant?

John

The plant I was given last year was dug up last year towards the end of May
and hen I planted it a couple of days later. I was told that it would not
grow again that year, but this year, it is growing really quickly
James

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_164_] 09-05-2008 07:23 PM

Rhubarb - help!

"jal" wrote in message
I offered our excess rhubarb around at work and was knocked over in the
rush!

However I also offered plants: help: is it OK to split the plant now,
and plant?

John

It would be better to wait until the plant goes dormant in the autumn

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Mary Fisher 09-05-2008 08:36 PM

Rhubarb - help!

"jal" wrote in message
I offered our excess rhubarb around at work and was knocked over in the
rush!

However I also offered plants: help: is it OK to split the plant now,
and plant?

Yes. It won't do anything until next year but will have time to establish
itself.

Mary