GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Half Barrel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174211-half-barrel.html)

Samantha Booth 11-05-2008 05:37 PM

Half Barrel

Just bought one for planting in. As it has no holes in it at the bottom
would it be best to drill some then add drainage.

Sorry I am a complete numpty when it comes to gardening.

Thanks

Nick Maclaren 11-05-2008 05:51 PM

Half Barrel

In article ,
"Samantha Booth" writes:
| Just bought one for planting in. As it has no holes in it at the bottom
| would it be best to drill some then add drainage.

Yes. 1" diameter at least.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Pete C[_2_] 12-05-2008 09:41 PM

Half Barrel

Samantha Booth wrote:
Just bought one for planting in. As it has no holes in it at the
bottom would it be best to drill some then add drainage.

Sorry I am a complete numpty when it comes to gardening.

Thanks

Yes, and maybe 1" gravel in the bottom.
--
Pete C