Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slug pellets

I scattered some around my allotment last week
and the container was empty.
so threw it on the compost heap to clear away later.

Two days later I picked it up to put in the rubbish
and it had about eight dead slugs in it, the dust left
in there must have attracted them.

Instead of throwing it in the rubbish I emptied it and
put a few more pellets in there and put it back on the
compost heap.

When you've emptied your slug pellets, don't throw
the container away, leave it laying around on you're
allotment or garden.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of good ideas come
from making mistakes ??

Wally

Old 13-05-2008, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 12, 11:26 pm, "Wally" wrote:
I scattered some around my allotment last week
and the container was empty.
so threw it on the compost heap to clear away later.

Two days later I picked it up to put in the rubbish
and it had about eight dead slugs in it, the dust left
in there must have attracted them.

Instead of throwing it in the rubbish I emptied it and
put a few more pellets in there and put it back on the
compost heap.

When you've emptied your slug pellets, don't throw
the container away, leave it laying around on you're
allotment or garden.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of good ideas come
from making mistakes ??

Mistakes? Like taking up gardening?

Wally

Old 13-05-2008, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Wally" wrote

Have you ever noticed that a lot of good ideas come
from making mistakes ??

This post is close to paranormal!!

Did you see John Pertwee as Dr Who in his clash with the giant magots?
A very similar thing occurred in which he knocked over some potion or other
and in one of his "flaked out on the floor" moments just managed to whisper
to Jo the word serendipity (Jo was his tasty assistant with the long thigh
length boots that followed chronologically from the recently re-introduced
Sarah Jane Smith).
The word serendipity was the clue that led Jo and the major to discover that
the doctor's recent accident had proved to supply the solution to their
magot problem.
A quick google shows the episode in question was known as the Green Death

Phil

Organic slug pellets 'Mike' Gardening 11 14-05-2008 05:35 AM
Organic slug pellets Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 19 14-05-2008 05:35 AM
using slug pellets on veg patch? Paul United Kingdom 9 04-05-2006 10:29 PM
Slug pellets and chickens??? shannie United Kingdom 12 25-04-2003 08:10 PM
slug pellets? Nicholas United Kingdom 14 27-03-2003 11:56 PM