GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   where can I buy garden troughs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174318-where-can-i-buy-garden-troughs.html)

Tom 13-05-2008 09:59 PM

where can I buy garden troughs?

Seriously, I just can't find them? :-)

I keep seeing them but always in commercial places - outside restaurants
etc. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I want large wooden ones - around 1.5m long.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

shazzbat 14-05-2008 08:54 AM

"Tom" wrote in message
Seriously, I just can't find them? :-)

I keep seeing them but always in commercial places - outside restaurants
etc. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I want large wooden ones - around 1.5m long.

Thanks a lot,

At one of our local car boot sales there's always at least one stall selling
home made troughs, bird tables etc. I haven't asked, but I'm sure they'd
make big'uns to order if asked.

Steve

Derek[_4_] 14-05-2008 07:58 PM

"Tom" wrote in message
Seriously, I just can't find them? :-)

I keep seeing them but always in commercial places - outside restaurants
etc. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I want large wooden ones - around 1.5m long.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

if you are near Stockport I know of a jobbing gardener who makes them to
order.
Derek

Martin Pentreath 15-05-2008 09:45 AM

On 13 May, 21:59, Tom wrote:
Seriously, I just can't find them? :-)

I keep seeing them but always in commercial places - outside restaurants
etc. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I want large wooden ones - around 1.5m long.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Hi Tom,

If you want to buy online there are a couple of Ebay traders who sell
them - have a look there.

Sally Thompson[_3_] 15-05-2008 04:17 PM

where can I buy garden troughs?

On Tue, 13 May 2008 21:59:17 +0100, Tom wrote
(in article ):

Seriously, I just can't find them? :-)

I keep seeing them but always in commercial places - outside restaurants
etc. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I want large wooden ones - around 1.5m long.

A search on Google for wooden garden troughs found these ones:

http://www.brooksidenursery.co.uk/ha...anter--trough-
large-54-p.asp

Plenty of other results as well but I haven't looked at any others.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.reg.gardening

agentelrond 20-05-2008 08:10 PM

b&q have some nice hexagonal ones think they are about £30 they not very deep but they look cool
also argos might