GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Advice on hedges. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174346-advice-hedges.html)

[email protected] 14-05-2008 02:23 PM

Advice on hedges.

Hi all.
I've recently planted a fairly long row of hornbeam and green beech
hedges in mid april( a bit late, I know) and none of them have started
to grow. As a recent convert to gardening i am completly at a loss to
why this has happened. The ground was prepered to the nursaries
specification, so is it down to the lateness of them going into the
ground? They have been well watered and fertilisers have been
applied(bone meal). Please excuse my naivety.

Cujo

Martin Brown 14-05-2008 02:39 PM

Advice on hedges.

wrote:
Hi all.
I've recently planted a fairly long row of hornbeam and green beech
hedges in mid april( a bit late, I know) and none of them have started
to grow. As a recent convert to gardening i am completly at a loss to
why this has happened. The ground was prepered to the nursaries
specification, so is it down to the lateness of them going into the
ground? They have been well watered and fertilisers have been
applied(bone meal). Please excuse my naivety.

Don't give up hope yet. My established beech hedge is only just coming
into new leaf now in N Yorks. About half still has to green up.

Regards,
Martin Brown
** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **