GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   High strength Glyphosate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174363-high-strength-glyphosate.html)

Paul S 15-05-2008 12:24 AM

High strength Glyphosate

I noticed Super Concentrate Round-up for sale in the garden centre on
Sunday, with 360 gramms/litre Glyphosate.

I understood 360g/litre used to be restricted to "Professional Use"

Has it recently become legal to sell this to the public ?

Martin Brown 15-05-2008 09:33 AM

High strength Glyphosate

Paul S wrote:
I noticed Super Concentrate Round-up for sale in the garden centre on
Sunday, with 360 gramms/litre Glyphosate.

I understood 360g/litre used to be restricted to "Professional Use"

Has it recently become legal to sell this to the public ?

Possibly. But it makes sense to buy on the basis of active
ingredient/price and the best buy is usually an own brand.

And unless you approve of Monsantos Roundup Ready GM hegemony avoid the
named RoundUp brand.

The pure active ingredient of glyphosate is about as toxic as caffeine.
It is the much nastier surfactants (wetting agents) in the commercial
formulations of glyphosate weedkiller that will kill you.

For professional use having the higher concentration allows smaller bulk
storage - not sure it has much advantage in smaller amounts.

Regards,
Martin Brown