GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safe Sprays for Fruit Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174364-safe-sprays-fruit-trees.html)

John Nolan 15-05-2008 12:02 AM

Safe Sprays for Fruit Trees

Hello All,

I have lived with fruit trees, apple, plum, and so on for around 65 years. I
don't remember having to do anything with them, yet the fruit kept coming
year after year. All these trees were fairly old.

Now, with young trees, we have to do everything possible else the leaves and
blossom get eaten by caterpillars.

I'm not sure that pheromones and sticky stuff worked. Then we have grease
bands. Finally, spray.

I have just used some old Derris. Being of an organic inclination, do any of
you know of anything that is a bit safer or, is Derris ok ?

Thank you.

John N.

--
From Glorious Gloucestershire, near Lydney, using :------------