Old 15-05-2008, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leek problems

Hello
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.

The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .

Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

.............................Leslie

Old 16-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered User

Location: South England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therefore View Post
Hello
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.

The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .

Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

.............................Leslie

I have had this problem before, when i checked the seed packet they were really out of date.
Old 22-05-2008, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Therefore wrote:
I am having trouble with my leeks , they look well and are of a reasonable
size.
The problem is everyone of the plants "50" have sprouted flowering shoots .
Any ideas , as to what might have caused this , T.I.A.

When did you start them off? You may have started them too early, and
they've bolted. I've not put my seedlings out yet. Plan on
doing this week.

Leek damage Robert United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 09:23 AM
Leek spacing? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 4 02-08-2003 10:02 PM
Leek seedlings? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 21-04-2003 12:23 AM
Leek seeds Alan Holmes United Kingdom 0 24-03-2003 04:44 PM
Leek query? Mary Fisher United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 06:29 PM