GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to ID Damson vrs Plum sappling? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/17444-how-id-damson-vrs-plum-sappling.html)

MG 24-04-2003 08:56 AM

How to ID Damson vrs Plum sappling?

Hi

When I moved to this house, I had a few stones from a much-loved Plum
tree I had before. I simply put them into ground at various points and
of course, a couple years on, can't remember exactly!

But, some saplings have come up which I would have said are Plum, BUT
I get an awful lot of Damson sapplings and suckers so, when moving
them, to the spot I wanted the plum to be I am totally confused!

Is they any way of ID'ing the sapplings??

Cheers

Mark

david 24-04-2003 09:20 AM

How to ID Damson vrs Plum sappling?

I was given a sapling Damson a few years ago...its turned into a lovely Plum
tree that throws suckers..........I am still without damsons

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries