Old 17-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered User

Default total ignorance

Help please! Know nothing at all about gardening and have a new house with a garden unattended for at least 15 years! Am overrun with the attached plants and get varying advice on how to clear. Am tempted to rotovate. Don't know what they are or how to get rid of them. They totally cover the garden. Advice please.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jane Nielsen wrote:
Help please! Know nothing at all about gardening and have a new house
with a garden unattended for at least 15 years! Am overrun with the
attached plants and get varying advice on how to clear. Am tempted to
rotovate. Don't know what they are or how to get rid of them. They
totally cover the garden. Advice please.

Be patient. If you don't know what they are, why do you think you have to
get rid of them? There may be something of interest there.

I wouldn't rotavate without knowing what's there. If you've got ground
elder or bindweed, rotavating will make matters worse.

If I were you, and knew nothing about gardening ( I may not...), I would try
to contact my local horticultural society and ask them for advice. I am
sure there will be some friendly and knowledgable people there who would
relish a chance to look at a garden left to run wild, and offer opinions on
what could be done with it.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)

Old 17-05-2008, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jane Nielsen" wrote
Help please! Know nothing at all about gardening and have a new house
with a garden unattended for at least 15 years! Am overrun with the
attached plants and get varying advice on how to clear. Am tempted to
rotovate. Don't know what they are or how to get rid of them. They
totally cover the garden. Advice please.

This is a non-binary Newsgroup so none of us on this newsgroup can see your
attachments unless you post them somewhere and tell us where to look. Post
them to your own free web space if your ISP gives you some or use one of the
free web photo space providers.
Possibly other gardenbanter users can see them but the majority that use
this newsgroup direct can't.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 18-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
This is a non-binary Newsgroup so none of us on this newsgroup can see your
attachments unless you post them somewhere and tell us where to look. Post
them to your own free web space if your ISP gives you some or use one of the
free web photo space providers.
Possibly other gardenbanter users can see them but the majority that use
this newsgroup direct can't.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
No us registered users can't see them either, attachments are stripped out by the server. try posting the pickies to photobucket or similar site and then put the URL here.

Apple ignorance Ron H Gardening 0 24-07-2006 10:21 PM
Ignorance Brian United Kingdom 26 31-10-2005 08:15 PM
Yankee ignorance Carolyn LeCrone Gardening 6 28-07-2004 10:02 AM
Yankee ignorance Paul Paulsen Gardening 9 27-07-2004 05:23 AM
Ignorance sorry,,, what is a magoi Carl Beyer Ponds 3 18-11-2003 07:02 AM