GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strimmer - Cord v blade (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/174466-strimmer-cord-v-blade.html)

hzatph[_2_] 17-05-2008 01:27 PM

Strimmer - Cord v blade

We have a large amount of long grass in out orchard and around the
heges and fences. I have just bought a new Stihl petrol strimmer with
the nylon line cutting head. It can also take the blade type cutter.
Which is quickest for cutting large areas of grass please? I have
never used the blade type and would be tempted to buy this head if
there was a big difference in speed. I still want the nylon lone for
cutting close to trees.fences as I fear the damage the blade could do.

Many thanks.

Broadback 18-05-2008 08:44 AM

Strimmer - Cord v blade

hzatph wrote:
We have a large amount of long grass in out orchard and around the
heges and fences. I have just bought a new Stihl petrol strimmer with
the nylon line cutting head. It can also take the blade type cutter.
Which is quickest for cutting large areas of grass please? I have
never used the blade type and would be tempted to buy this head if
there was a big difference in speed. I still want the nylon lone for
cutting close to trees.fences as I fear the damage the blade could do.

Many thanks.

I find the cord is best for grass. The blade I use if there is brambles
or other hard stemmed weed amongst it.

hzatph[_2_] 22-05-2008 10:15 PM

Strimmer - Cord v blade

Thanks. Cord it is.