Old 21-05-2008, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Reliable tree nursery which will despatch?

On 17 May, 07:58, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
I'm looking for several container-grown trees - while I'd prefer
bare-root, this is too late in the year.

When I wanted apple trees I went to my local independent garding
centre and he both obtained and delivered them. Not on the rooting
stock I wanted, they are too small, but you have to get what is going
sometimes.
Old 21-05-2008, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 May, 20:28, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
If you want to make a very sherry-like wine, take just under half a
gallon of strong tea, half a gallon of white grape juice, start
fermenting, then top-up with un-oiled Lexia raisins and one chopped
dried bananananana.

whot? no metal polish?

Old 21-05-2008, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from bobharvey contains these words:

On 17 May, 07:58, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
I'm looking for several container-grown trees - while I'd prefer
bare-root, this is too late in the year.

When I wanted apple trees I went to my local independent garding
centre and he both obtained and delivered them. Not on the rooting
stock I wanted, they are too small, but you have to get what is going
sometimes.

Tried. Never heard of Devonshire Quarenden, and didn't have Charles
Ross. Didn't have a damson, or a quince. Nor did they have a medlar...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 21-05-2008, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

If you want to make a very sherry-like wine, take just under half a
gallon of strong tea, half a gallon of white grape juice, start
fermenting, then top-up with un-oiled Lexia raisins and one chopped
dried bananananana.

whot? no metal polish?

No metal polish, but a drop of Polish Pure Spirit does no harm after the
fermentation has finished innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

We Are Reliable Tree Surgeons!!!!! the tree man Marketplace 0 13-11-2006 08:42 PM
suggestions for reliable, reasonably priced tree installers Adnan Aziz Texas 2 13-11-2003 01:13 PM
suggestions for reliable, reasonably priced tree installers Adnan Aziz Texas 2 04-11-2003 07:12 PM
Reliable nurseries Undine Roses 2 26-01-2003 01:14 AM
reliable rose nursery Undine Gardening 0 25-01-2003 05:07 PM