Old 18-05-2008, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jasmine with yellow and red but not dry leaves

hello I've got Jasmine on a trellis that gets a decent amount of
sunlight. I keep it well watered, it's always a moist and I spray the
leaves every morning. Lately, some of the leaves are turning yellow
and red like leaves would do in the autumn - so they're not dry and
crunchy. Nothing that I know of has changed over the few months I've
owned it. I called the nursery, but they couldn't figure it out! They
suggested I move it to the far end of my balcony so it gets more
direct sunlight, and that I water a little more often.

Oh and I'm using an organic seaweed-based fertilizer.

TIA!

- JayDee
Old 18-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
hello I've got Jasmine on a trellis that gets a decent amount of
sunlight. I keep it well watered, it's always a moist and I spray the
leaves every morning. Lately, some of the leaves are turning yellow
and red like leaves would do in the autumn - so they're not dry and
crunchy. Nothing that I know of has changed over the few months I've
owned it. I called the nursery, but they couldn't figure it out! They
suggested I move it to the far end of my balcony so it gets more
direct sunlight, and that I water a little more often.

Oh and I'm using an organic seaweed-based fertilizer.

TIA!

- JayDee
It is in a pot? Is the pot big enough? Perhaps it needs repotting with new compost and a bit more space.

Be careful not to over-water - a daily watering may be a little too often.
Old 19-05-2008, 03:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 18, 2:42 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 18/5/08 19:13, in article
, "JayDee"

wrote:
hello I've got Jasmine on a trellis that gets a decent amount of
sunlight. I keep it well watered, it's always a moist and I spray the
leaves every morning. Lately, some of the leaves are turning yellow
and red like leaves would do in the autumn - so they're not dry and
crunchy. Nothing that I know of has changed over the few months I've
owned it. I called the nursery, but they couldn't figure it out! They
suggested I move it to the far end of my balcony so it gets more
direct sunlight, and that I water a little more often.

Oh and I'm using an organic seaweed-based fertilizer.

TIA!

- JayDee

Only guesses from me but are you spraying the leaves and then the sun gets
onto them; are you over-watering it - a common problem with many plants
and/or, has it been caught by a cold snap?

Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

I spray the leaves every morning on warm days and never at night. I
was told by the nursery that I should keep it very moist, bordering on
lightly saturated. There is a hole on the bottom and a tray designed
not to let the pot sit under water.

How are you suggesting I keep the soil? I started using seaweed-based
fertilizer for my ficus tree and creeping fig vines; I'm assuming it's
good for Jasmine as well?

- JayDee

Jasmine getting yellow and red not dry leaves JayDee Gardening 0 18-05-2008 07:12 PM
My tomato leaves are starting to wither and get yellow patches on the leaves BenGman Edible Gardening 1 22-08-2005 12:09 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
yellow and dry phalaenopsis leaves Lil Orchids 5 13-08-2003 05:04 AM
Red and white cedar (was Tamarisk: origin of "salt cedar"), but not yet yellow ced P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 28-06-2003 05:58 PM